"At the AKC, we believe that all dogs can be good dogs, and all owners can be great owners: all it takes is a little bit of training, lots of love, and of course, plenty of praise along the way. That’s why we created the Canine Good Citizen™ (CGC) program Since 1989, over 1 million dogs and their owners have participated in CGC, mastering ten basic skills that instill confidence and good manners in and out of your home."
- Test 1: Accepting a friendly stranger
- Test 2: Sitting politely for petting
- Test 3: Appearance and grooming
- Test 4: Out for a walk (walking on a loose lead)
- Test 5: Walking through a crowd
- Test 6: Sit and down on command and Staying in place
- Test 7: Coming when called
- Test 8: Reaction to another dog
- Test 9: Reaction to distraction
- Test 10: Supervised separation
The CGC is a great training goal for everyone! If you've ever thought about it, wanted to try it, or need a little help to work towards your test - today is for you! We will be offering a two hour workshop to practice all aspects of the test; provide lots of training help and suggestions and help you prepare. We will then take a short lunch/brain break, and will resume with the actual test in the afternoon. This workshop will run twice during the month.. if you participate in the morning of one, and want to go home to practice then return for the test of the second one, that's absolutely fine!
The cost of the workshop is $50, which includes the cost of the test, as well as light refreshments. Additional instructions will be provided upon registration.